Re: [nv-l] OID problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] OID problem
From: tivoli <tivoli@bu.brauunion.ro>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:11:46 +0300
what's the easiest way to do that? (on Windows)
thanks

John Bruer wrote:

tivoli <tivoli@bu.brauunion.ro> writes:

hi there list

I have some problems with some nodes that are in different networks
but having the same name... in my maps I will see one node with 2 or
even 3 interfaces (the addresses of each nodes). the dns was
implemented after installing netview (most of the nodes are dhcp). The
hostnames (as they appear in dns) are different but  the "computer
name" is the same. also I would like to see hostname as label ... and
I don't know how to do it...

thanks a lot

It sounds like your naming services were rather broken when initial
discovery took place--multiple machines resolving to a single name at
that time. This confused NetView.
I only know one way to fix your problem: delete the objects and
rediscover.