Re: [nv-l] default fmt

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] default fmt
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:31:05 -0400

netview6000 mib?  What on earth are you talking about?  Have you loaded some new/different trap definitions for NetView traps?

If you have Default FMT events, then you are getting some that trapd on your Windows system does not recognize because he cannot match them with what is in trapd.conf.    Why he cannot match them is a question that requires examination of each and every example.

No one could possibly tell you what is wrong unless you do the research to examine the event details and the trapd.conf definitions that you have.
If you want to try to pick one and post it here, fine.  But don't append your entire trapd.conf file.   It's probably too large anyway.

Otherwise, I suggest that you call Support.  They will be happy to examine the file and the event data you provide them until you get no more Default FMT events.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

tivoli <tivoli@bu.brauunion.ro>

09/19/2003 05:52 AM