Re: [nv-l] deleted nodes

To: tivoli <tivoli@bu.brauunion.ro>, nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] deleted nodes
From: Stephen Hochstetler <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:33:56 -0400

Lucian,

First,  go into Server Setup --> Discovery (tab).

By default (I think) you should see towards the bottom the ability to delete DHCP nodes when not responding.   I think the  default is 12 hours.   Is that action checked to turn it on?     Is that what you really want to do?    Change this to what you want.

Second, how did you build your netmon seed file?    Did you use the editor available from this screen?    I would recommend using that to identify your DHCP ranges if you have not done that.   My guess is that you already did.

Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization at IBM
Office - 512-838-6198 (t/l 678)       FAX - 512-838-6931
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

tivoli <tivoli@bu.brauunion.ro>

09/19/2003 09:20 AM