RE: [nv-l] Configuring backups for NetView 7.1.2 / 7.1.3

To: "'Michael J. Freeman'" <mfreeman@wamnet.com>, nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Configuring backups for NetView 7.1.2 / 7.1.3
From: "Seminara, Sandro" <SSeminara@fnis.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:00:53 -0700

Mike,

            We run nvhotbackup every evening before our scheduled backup window.

When the Hot Backup kicks off all the X11 GUI's go into a locked state until the backup is done.  Any open GUI's receive a popup that states a backup is being done and then when completed the popup disappears.

Here is the command we run.

/usr/OV/bin/nvhotbackup -d /usr/OV/DB-BACKUP/ -f dbbackup.tar

This is cron'ed to run at 12:05 am and completes by 12:10am

Furthermore at 1:00am NetBackup is kicked off and picks up all files saved under /usr/OV/

Thank you,

Sandro P. Seminara

FNIS