[nv-l] SNMP vs ICMP

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] SNMP vs ICMP
From: Abadir Hany-O10544 <hany.abadir@motorola.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:40:19 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 00:27:28 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
Hello,
I want to use SNMP only not SNMP and icmp with NetView to prevent double traffic

I found out that /usr/OV/bin/ovtopodump -rl <device name>  returns some data
which contains
"SNMP STATUS POLL: MAXIMUM TIME" which means that the device is configured for
ICMP requests

My question here: Does this device also configured for SNMP requests since I
added it to the seedfile with $ in the front of the device name ?

The second question is that how I turn the ICMP request off and just keep the
SNMP request?

I guess by issuing the following command Netmon -M0?

Is that right?

Regards!
Hany Abadir