[nv-l] Semi-Basic issues

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Semi-Basic issues
From: "Pal, Laszlo" <laszlo.pal@eds.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:33:55 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi,

I joined again to this list because I still have to use NV :)

Here is my current issues:

First issue:
On my main map I turned off automatic layout and I made customized view of the
network. I renamed the symbols on this map, and I've changed ip numbers to
name+ipnumbers. It took two or three hours. After a few days NV changed back my
symbol names to ip addresses and made me crazy. The stuff did this twice :)
Why? How can I avoid this?

Second issue:
I created some object manually by edit/add/object. I entered IP addresses and
community strings (in snmp config), but these objects remains in blue, so I
cannot manage. These objects behind a firewall, but snmp traffic is allowed
between the hosts and the NMS. How can I manage objects behind firewall? How
can I manage object added manually?

Third issue:
Right now I'm working hours on my SLA reports by collecting information from
our management journal. I'm sure netview can do this for me. How can I create a
report which includes the following:
Date-start date-end hostname/object name
Is there any tool for Netview which helps to create SLA reports for a network?
I'm sure there is.

Thank you

Pál, László
Network architect