RE: [nv-l] Confused about setting up an SNMP proxy

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Confused about setting up an SNMP proxy
From: "Edwards, JT - ESM" <JEdwards3@wm.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:03:13 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:10:44 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
James,

I am not using Netview for Windows. I just want to make sure I am performing all the steps necessary for enabling Netview to receive traps from other applications for forwarding to TEC.

Allow me to reinterate the steps I have taken:

  • Integrated the traps and built the barocs from the vendor supplied MIB
  • Integrated the barocs into TEC (we will write the rules for the correlation we desire)

I am confused on how to configure Netview to receive traps on a community string other than public. The next thing I would like to be able to do is test Netview to make sure it is indeed processing traps received.

I hope made my interrogative with a bit more clarity.

Again thanks in advance! :-)

J.T. Edwards
Sr. Systems Programmer
Enterprise Systems Management