Re: [nv-l] Wrong version

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Wrong version
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:43:42 -0400
Delivery-date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 21:52:59 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

The cisco Local Director device has a very badly behaved SNMP agent, if you ask me. Notice the oid they claim to be using. They answer to very little. I generally treat them as non-snmp and figure it is sort of like firewalls - they don't want us to know too much about them. Has anyone else had better experience with them?

Detroit

bill.kellam@worldspan.com
Sent by: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

10/17/2003 10:44 AM
Please respond to nv-l

        Subject:        [nv-l] Wrong version

Hi,

When I snmpwalk a particular device, I get responses like this:

>snmpwalk 10.6.1.253 system
Wrong version: 1
Continuing anyway
system.sysDescr.0 : DISPLAY STRING- (ascii):  Cisco LocalDirector

Is this Netview telling me I'm using the wrong version or the
LocalDirector?

7.1.3/AIX5.2

Regards,
Bill Kellam