Re: [nv-l] Nodes are Unknown

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com, "Pal, Laszlo" <laszlo.pal@eds.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Nodes are Unknown
From: Paul Stroud <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:25:00 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:31:59 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
NetView is most concerned with these tables, at(ipNettoMedia), ip, interfaces
and system. Did you get all of those tables? Are they blocked by the SNMP
agent ACL configuration?

As a side note, there may be a few "no such name" errors. NetView may look
to see if the device is an MLM and/or a NetView server. If the machine in
question in not one of those two devices, you may get a "no such name" error.
Paul