[nv-l] Windows Clusters

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Windows Clusters
From: CMazon@commercebankfl.com
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:42:25 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:56:37 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

Win2k/Netview 7.1.3. FP1 / SQL2000,

Hi list,

Maybe someone can shed some light for me.  We have 3 Microsoft clusters with several nic cards. One nic in each server is configured with an ip that are not pingable (192.168.X.X) for the cluster heartbeat. Is there a way to prevent Netview from discovering these interfaces?  I have them in the exclude list of the seed file and I tried to unmanage them, but somehow Netview continues to manage these interfaces on its own.

Has anyone come accross this problem before?

Also, is there any consultant on this list located in Miami, FL please email me directly. (Sorry for posting this here.)

Carlos