Re: [nv-l] Windows Clusters

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Windows Clusters
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 16:07:03 -0500
Delivery-date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:20:19 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
D0h, thanks for correcting me!

Paul

Leslie Clark wrote:

Actually, I think Paul meant to say put a '%' in the seedfile to poll an address as a fake HSRP for intentional duplicates. The '^' turns off snmp polling for those devices that were converted to snmp polling by means other than the seedfile, such as oid_to_type entries or by having an unnumbered serial interface.

Detroit

        *Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>*
Sent by: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

10/24/2003 07:17 PM
Please respond to nv-l

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com cc: Subject: Re: [nv-l] Windows Clusters

Carlos,
No. Well, you can, but you would have to disable SNMP on those devices
and I'm
thinking that is not a desirable action.

What you can do, however, is poll the devices via SNMP instead of via
ICMP. This
is accomplished by placing a '$' in front of the device in the seedfile.
You will want
to do this for each machine in the cluster. As long as they all use
different IP
addresses, this will work fine. On some clusters, though, they will all
use the same
IP address. In that case, you could define that shared interface as an HSRP
interface by placing a '^' in front of the ip address in the seedfile.

Hope that helps.

Paul