Re: [nv-l] Duplicate Router Label in the Smartset

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Duplicate Router Label in the Smartset
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:48:41 -0400
Delivery-date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 03:01:52 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

This is caused by a problem with the collmap application, the one that presents the members in the smartset to the screen. To clear it up all you have to do is refresh the smartset by selecting the icon for the smartset (the 'egg') and doing an Edit..Delete. It does not matter which you choose, From This Submap or From All Submaps, since this object only appears in this submap (the Smartsets topology). It will immediately reappear blue and will be re-populated when you empty it.

Before doing, this, however, make sure the cause is gone. Do 'ps -ef | grep collmap' and make sure you only have one collmap process for each open map. Better yet, close all maps and then make sure all collmaps go away.  I've had cases where nvcold died and collmap did not, and a new one got started when I reopened the map, or when I deliberately started a new one (Administer...Start application...collmap).

You may have to clear more than one smartset this way depending on what went on while the extra collmap was running.

Detroit

William_W_List@bluecrossmn.com
Sent by: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

10/16/2003 03:40 PM