RE: [nv-l] selection names

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] selection names
From: "Pal, Laszlo" <laszlo.pal@eds.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:28:48 -0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:39:07 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
THis is a very big leak in NV. The only ting I can do for this is update the
DNS with the correct names. In this case equipment objects (routers, switches,
servers) displayed as names, but interfaces and networks still displayed as IP
addresses. Do not try to rename them manually, NV will change it back next
morning (I did this twice :))

It is a bit hard to love netview. Anyone knows a good freeware replacement of
this product?