[nv-l] NV and new TMR

To: "NetView List (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] NV and new TMR
From: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:39:43 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:48:15 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi.  We are running NV 7.1.3 on AIX 5.1. A while ago the group that supports
the rest of the Tivoli environment (TEC, TMR, etc) wanted to move Netview from
the old TMR to the new TMR.  They did this by uninstalling the managed node
software on the Netview server and installing it again under the new TMR.

All of that seemed fine and Netview has been humming along.  Now, another
member of their team went to install some software and it wouldn't install,
because it has Netview as a pre-req and it isn't listed as installed software.
Apparently under the new TMR, the object database that is used does not have an
entry for Netview.

In searching the archives, I've found similar questions, and answers about
having to reinstall Netview to fix this.  I've also heard about a script that
once existed to "fake" the install of Netview and populate the object database.
 Everything I've found was very dated.

I'd rather not reinstall Netview if possible.  I'm also guessing that I'll have
the same problem when it comes time to install 7.1.4.

Is there any current advice regarding a way to clean this up?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Craig