Re: [nv-l] NV and new TMR

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NV and new TMR
From: Christopher Haynes <haynesch@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:50:47 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:59:06 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

Craig,
      I'd say try running the Tivoli NetView Framework Patch 7.1:  NVF71
install again.  I believe it is what does the actual registration.

thanks,
Chris Haynes
haynesch@us.ibm.com
Tivoli Quality Assurance Manager
(919) 224-1217

                      "Treptow, Craig"

                      <Treptow.Craig@principa        To:       "NetView List
(E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
                      l.com>                         cc:

                      Sent by:                       Subject:  [nv-l] NV and
new TMR
                      owner-nv-l-digest@lists

                      .us.ibm.com

                      10/30/2003 09:39 AM

                      Please respond to nv-l

Hi.  We are running NV 7.1.3 on AIX 5.1. A while ago the group that
supports the rest of the Tivoli environment (TEC, TMR, etc) wanted to move
Netview from the old TMR to the new TMR.  They did this by uninstalling the
managed node software on the Netview server and installing it again under
the new TMR.

All of that seemed fine and Netview has been humming along.  Now, another
member of their team went to install some software and it wouldn't install,
because it has Netview as a pre-req and it isn't listed as installed
software.  Apparently under the new TMR, the object database that is used
does not have an entry for Netview.

In searching the archives, I've found similar questions, and answers about
having to reinstall Netview to fix this.  I've also heard about a script
that once existed to "fake" the install of Netview and populate the object
database.  Everything I've found was very dated.

I'd rather not reinstall Netview if possible.  I'm also guessing that I'll
have the same problem when it comes time to install 7.1.4.

Is there any current advice regarding a way to clean this up?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Craig