RE: [nv-l] Web Console ?

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Web Console ?
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:18:54 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:28:07 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

OK guys, you made me look it up .... novell concept eh....

This is copy/pasted right out of the Web Console Users Guide:  Chapter 6 - Page 43

Like I said before, you have to create a ruleset to restrict events.

Understanding Events

The Tivoli NetView program uses the following types of events:

Map events

Notifications issued when a user or application does something that affects

the status of the current map or of the Tivoli NetView graphical interface.

For example, if you add a connection between a workstation and a server

on a submap, an event is generated and logged in the event log file. The

contents of the submap change to include the added connection.

Network events

Messages sent by an agent to one or more managers to tell them an event

has occurred that affects a network object. These events are not

necessarily reflected in the map. For example, if an SNMP agent is not in

your management region, but is configured to send traps to the manager,

you receive events for that agent, even though the agent is not displayed

on your map.

Tivoli NetView

Internal events are messages generated by Tivoli NetView applications.

Don

Donald Davis
First Citizens Bank
Raleigh, NC.  27603-3526