RE: [nv-l] Web Console ?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Web Console ?
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:54:16 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:02:17 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

In the java client, when you check that box, the events are filtered to just nodes that fall into that users scope. I've seen this work just fine.  That item in Don's append seems to indicate that unsolicited traps (as opposed to netview generated events) are not filtered by scope, but a test I just ran showed that those don't appear in the jave client event browser either. That is, the automatic filtering worked when I checked the box.

Some clarification:
In the Admin Guide, discussions about 'management region' do not generally refer to the jave client scope. This terminology predates the client, and refers to whether or not a node is in your map. Think of each operator having a separate map covering his 'management region', but the Netview server is the trap destination for all devices in the network, whether they are in a particular map or not - in fact whether they are in any map at all. Traps from those devices will appear in an unfiltered events display (forwardall.rs) regardless of what map an operator is looking at.

The java client scope and optional events scoping is a big step forward in this area, if you ask me.

Detroit

"Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

11/10/2003 05:13 PM