Antw: Re: [nv-l] Some nodes not getting discovered

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: Antw: Re: [nv-l] Some nodes not getting discovered
From: "Georg Gangl" <Georg.Gangl@brz.gv.at>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:17:09 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:26:37 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I used the "netmon -M -1" command to watch the ping results in the
"netmon.trace" file.
How can I turn off netmon tracing when I am not interested in the
results anymore ?
Thanks,

George Gangl

>>> lclark@us.ibm.com 08:08:18 Montag, 1. Dezember 2003 >>>

I've had good luck figuring these things out from the netmon.trace
file.
Turn it on (netmon -M -1) while things are kind of quiet and then ping
the node you are interested in. Look at  the trace, and locate that
address and see what it says about it.

Make sure you have maintenance on that 7.1.3. And also make sure the
address you are going after, if it resolves to a name, resolves the
same
way forward and back. That can cause it to be discarded. And perhaps
it
is already in there but you are not finding it. Try searching for it
by
address (Locate Obects by Attribute.. IP Address)

Detroit

        John F <nvuser2000@yahoo.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

11/27/2003 09:44 PM