Re: [nv-l] Netmon on NT

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netmon on NT
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:34:57 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:43:45 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I figured that ping spray was used only during discovery.   We do have some very distant offices with response times in the 500 - 2000ms response range.  The seed file is fully populated, however that has always been a issue I think.  It was my understanding that the seed file should not have to contain every device yoiu want discovered, but rather some of the more core deivces that have access to the entire network.   LAN and WAN both.  Provided I chose like a major Core Switch or Router and place those int he seedfile that Is hould not have to enter every subnet into the seedfile.  Unless of course I want to limit discovery or exclude some particular devices.
   I do beleive that the answer to discovery you have given me better helps me to understand.  THANK YOU