[nv-l] Seed file entries can't be seen via Network Monitor Seed File Edi

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Seed file entries can't be seen via Network Monitor Seed File Editor
From: "Georg Gangl" <Georg.Gangl@brz.gv.at>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:28:58 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:35:57 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi  Group members,

We are running the UNIX version of NetView 7.1.3 with FixLevels
NVS(C)7130 and use a seed file called "host.seed" in "/etc" for network
discovery. The file was/is always edited according to the rules
described in /etc/hosts using the vi editor.
If I now try to open the file using the Network Monitor Seed File
Editor out of Server Setup I cannot see any of the thousands of entries
in the file. As a test I added some devices via the Editor which are
displayed afterwards.
Does that mean that I cannot use the Network Monitor Seed File Editor
for editing an existing seedfile or is there a chance to use it for
future changes ?
Thank you very much for any help.

Cordially,

Georg Gangl