Re: [nv-l] loadhost not working

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] loadhost not working
From: Chris Chato <cchato@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:24:30 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 16:29:59 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

The "-p" option (ping) does not work for loadhosts of Windows. I'm not sure
about the "-P". In anycase, you can leave -p off and still add the host.
You can also leave "-P" off and get it added, but I don't know if you need
it or not for your purposes.

Thanks,
Chris Chato (cchato@us.ibm.com) 224-1628

                      Leslie

                      Clark/Southfield/        To:       nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

                      IBM@IBMUS                cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [nv-l] loadhost
not working
                      owner-nv-l@lists.

                      us.ibm.com

                      12/03/2003 09:26

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      nv-l

The command does have a -t and -v option, at least on Unix. Maybe a verbose
trace would tell you what is wrong.

Detroit

   "Christopher J Petrina"
   <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>                         To:
   Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com    nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                                                   cc:
                                                   Subject:        Re:
   12/03/2003 05:51 PM                     [nv-l] loadhost not working
   Please respond to nv-l

created a little text file called WTF.txt in it had the IP address and the
DNS name of the device

did not use the -m subnet mask.  Reading the rules about it I thought the
-m for subnet was optional meaning that if I did nto use it then it would
attempt to determine the subnet once it found the device.

the exact syntax was
loadhosts -p -P -v < d:\WTF.txt

this was on the NT machine.  I could understand if I did not do the syntax
right, but just the fact that the error I receive says no ICMP response
from devices it was made it seem odd, because I could ping it before and
immediately after running the loadhosts.