Re: [nv-l] Wildcards in netmon.seed

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Wildcards in netmon.seed
From: Paul Stroud <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:40:48 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:49:30 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Chris,
This is correct, NetView will not actively try to discover devices in a range
or wildcard entry in the seedfile. It will passively discover them when it
finds them in the ARP cache of another device. What I generally suggest is
that if you have a subnet that you would like to enter a range for, also
enter the specific IP of the/a router on that subnet. That should make the
discovery happen as you wish.

Paul