RE: [nv-l] Seed file entries can't be seen via Network Monitor Se ed Fil

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Seed file entries can't be seen via Network Monitor Se ed File Editor
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 01:07:38 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 06:22:15 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

In earlier versions I did not like to use the seedfile editor for the reason Alan mentioned - it sorts the records, making your comments useless. I have recently begun to appreciate it, however, as it makes it clearer to customers what the different directives are for. If your existing file has comments ON T THE SAME LINE as a proper entry, it will leave those alone. You can edit that record in the seedfile editor, and it will still have your comment when it is done. A comment is something preceded by a # sign. So I usually start customers out using it, especially if they have trouble with vi, and then they move on to manually editing it.

Detroit

"Evans, Bill" <Bill.Evans@hq.doe.gov>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

12/04/2003 02:23 PM