Re: [nv-l] TEC integration with NetView 7.14

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] TEC integration with NetView 7.14
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:16:11 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 17:26:19 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

What do you want to know?  There is a Help button on this panel which will attempt to explain all the fields.
Or didn't you install the NetView books?

TEC  forwarding is easy to set up but you should not do it blindly.  It is recommended that you and TEC guys in your outfit talk at least about whether you desire to use TME or non-TME forwarding.  The rest of the fields pretty much fall in to place after you make that decision.    What ruleset are planning on using?  That's the only thing you didn't ask about.   Do you know the level of the TEC server you will send to?  Whether it is UNIX or Windows?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

nraaman@chennai.tcs.co.in
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

12/08/2003 06:07 AM