[nv-l] How to supervise correctly a VPN connection

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] How to supervise correctly a VPN connection
From: ndvb@free.fr
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:25:58 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:40:50 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi,

I have a network map with 2 sites, on the main i have a Checkpoint NG FP3 box,
on the remote, a Contivity Box

I'm trying to supervise the VPN connection (through internet) with Netview. I
don't know how to do this. For the moment, I define manually a gateway
object with two interface. These interfaces represent endings of the VPN...
In fact the reality is deformed.... In this context, I need to use
the RFI feature.

I'm trying to find the best practise to be alerted if a problem occur on the
VPN. I need to know on what side is the problem.

I think i'm not the only person who try to do this, i tried to find the
information in documentation and archives of nv-l, but i found nothing.

I'll wondering if someone could help me ;)

Netview 7.1.3 FixPack1 (NT Version)
Nicolas de VAUX BIDON