Re: [nv-l] xnmsnmpconf -import

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] xnmsnmpconf -import
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:02:24 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:22:22 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Not to mention SmartSet Names and communityNames.conf file
so that it can correct itself.

Paul

Leslie Clark wrote:
Well, is name resolution exactly the same on all of them? That could cause problems. The import won't import things tha it cannot resolve, even if they are old names that no longer exist in the database. Same /etc/hosts? Same list of name servers in /etc/resolv.conf? Are you specifying the file to be used, or letting it default? Did the file actually get copied to where you think it did? Lots of ways to mess it up.....

Detroit

"Bursik, Scott {PBSG}" <Scott.Bursik@pbsg.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
12/12/2003 12:11 PM
Please respond to nv-l

To: "Nv-L (nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com)" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com> cc: Subject: [nv-l] xnmsnmpconf -import

NetView 7.1.3 AIX 4.3.3

I have 3 total NV machines all the same code and platform. I want to export
the SNMP settings (xnmsnmpconf) and import them to the other 2 NV machines
so that they are the same. I am using xnmsnmpconf -export and xnmxnmpconf
-import but I am not getting all of the entries when I import them on the
other machines. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Scott