Re: [nv-l] Pb on CNAT installation

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Pb on CNAT installation
From: "Maxime TRANNOY" <MTRANNOY@fr.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:51:54 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:20:42 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Thanks for your answer (which works) but the support told me  that CNAT
2.1.0 was not working on AIX 5.1 and should be installed on 4.3.3.

here is tha answer of support :

I have your PMR regarding CNAT on AIX 5.1. This configuration is
know not to work. There were kernel level changes between AIX 4.3.3 and AIX
5.1
that will require a new kernel module be built for CNAT on 5.1.This is
expected to
be done before the 2nd quarter of 2004.

Cordialement.

Maxime TRANNOY

|         |           Michael          |
|         |           Webb/Raleigh/IBM@|
|         |           IBMUS            |
|         |           owner-nv-l@lists.|
|         |           us.ibm.com       |
|         |           17-12-2003 16:49 |
|         |           nv-l             |

  |       To:       nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                                                                     |
  |       cc:
                                                                     |
  |       Subject:  Re: [nv-l] Pb on CNAT installation

Here is what someone told me about this problem.

You may have a link problem after you installed java 1.3.1, in which you
now need to link to /usr/bin.

Backup the old java from /usr/bin as follows:

cp /usr/bin/java /usr/bin/java.bckup

Then create the following link:

ls -s /usr/java131/jre/bin/java /usr/bin/java

Hope this helps.

Michael Webb, IBM Tivoli
Q1CA Distributed NetView / ITSA SVT
Email: mlwebb@us.ibm.com
Ext: (919) 224-1410, T/L: 687-1410
(Embedded image moved to file: pic13856.gif)"Maxime TRANNOY"
<MTRANNOY@fr.ibm.com>

 (Embed (Embedded image moved to file: pic22602.gif)  (Embedded image
 ded                            "Maxime TRANNOY"      moved to file:
 image                          <MTRANNOY@fr.ibm.com> pic06620.gif)
 moved                          Sent by:
 to                             owner-nv-l@lists.us.i To:
 file:                          bm.com                nv-l@lists.us.ibm.c
 pic066                                               om
 33.gif                                               cc:
 )                              12/17/2003 05:46 AM   Subject: [nv-l] Pb
                                Please respond to     on CNAT
                                nv-l                  installation

Hi,

i try to install CNAT on an AIX 5.1 server with jre 1.3.1 installed.
When i try to install smitty with CNAT i have the error :

ERROR: Pre-installation of the CNAT has FAILED.

  A functional Java(tm) runtime is either missing, broken or not
  in the path. You must first install a Java Runtime Environment
  version 1.3.0 or newer, then you can install the CNAT.

instal:  Failed while executing the CNAT.pre_i script.

I do not understand why because my jre package seems to be correctly
installed

root> lslpp -L |grep Java
 Java131.rte.bin             1.3.1.11    C     F    Java Runtime
Environment
 Java131.rte.lib             1.3.1.11    C     F    Java Runtime
Environment

root> java -version
java version "1.3.1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1)
Classic VM (build 1.3.1, J2RE 1.3.1 IBM AIX build ca131-20030630a (JIT
enabled: jitc))

root> type java
java   is   /usr/java131/jre/bin/java

root> type jre
jre  is  /usr/bin/jre

root> ln -l  /usr/bin/jre
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     system           25 Dec 17 11:20 /usr/bin/jre ->
/usr/java131/jre/bin/java

root> echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:
/usr/java131/jre/bin:/usr/java131/bin

Does anyone has an idea about this problem?

Cordialement.

Maxime TRANNOY
IGS - Network Delivery Support Center
Tel : +33 (0) 492 114 767