[nv-l] Global NetView Users Group

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Global NetView Users Group
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:10:24 -0600
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:17:28 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Greetings!

I just wanted to take a moment to let everyone on the mailing list know, that the new Global Tivoli Netview Users Group is now online. The site can be accessed at:

This site is set up in conjunction with all other Tivoli (non-netview) users groups. The administrators of this usergroup are myself and Jane Curry. Contact information for us is listed on the user group site so if you need anything you can contact us there. The user group site does not contain any new and exciting content yet as we are waiting for some software enhancements early in 2004. For now, the only event we have on the Calendar will be a Web-Cast on January 27th. The topic of the Web-Cast will be "New Features in NetView v7.1.4" and hosted by IBM support.

During the first quarter, we have two main objectives (feature wise) We will be adding a section for user downloadable contributions such as scripts, FAQs and how-to files. We also will be linking to an external site that will provide additional message board capability and other common web features.

It is our intention that this mailing list still serve as the primary method of interaction for NetView administrators, but we hope that the User Group will provide some depth and some retention of knowledge and allow larger scale "projects-over-time" to be built through collaberation.

We are interested in finding out what topics people would like to hear about from development and support in the form of Web-Casts and downloadable presentations. If you have a topic, please either post a response here (so others can jump on) or send an email to Jane or I.

I want to emphasize that we are in our infancy with this new user group. We are certainly looking for contributors and mentors, so if you have an overwhelming desire to be helpful, and some useful knowledge about NetView, we'd like to hear from you.

Thanks to Mike Odom and Danyel Otteson for getting the IBM/Tivoli side of things going and championing (is that a word?) our progress.

Scott Barr
Distributed Network Engineer
CSG Systems Inc.
scott_barr@csgsystems.com