RE: [nv-l] tec_create_handle failures

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] tec_create_handle failures
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:43:57 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:50:41 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

The number one cause of tec_create_handle failures is being unable to contact the TEC server to establish a connection.
When you rebooted the box you proved that the problem was not in NetView but outside it.

For 7.1.4, both the Windows product and the UNIX product have been linked to the TEC 3.9 EIF libraries, which is what controls the TEC connection code. So the fact that UNIX had trouble where Windows did not  does not point to flaw in NetView.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Karl Prinelle" <Karl.Prinelle@elyzium.co.uk>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

01/15/2004 07:01 AM