Re: [nv-l] discovery and limiting discovery

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] discovery and limiting discovery
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:46:51 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:55:37 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I am currently showing exactly what you described I see the Management vlan IP and not necessarily the ports that are connected to the edge switches.   Sot his is working fine.  Now will Switch Analyzer discover the switch ports?  or simply report on their status?

Would best practice then be to use a $ in front of the switch devices in the discovery file?   Sot hat they are snmp polled not pinged?