[nv-l] discovery and limiting discovery

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] discovery and limiting discovery
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:09:54 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:16:55 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

OK itneresting conundrum for everyone.

What would it take and is it possible to do the following?

I have a switch I wish to load from a seedfile into netview.  This devices has multiple interfaces on it.  I load the device using the uplink interface's IP address.  Once it is loaded via that IP address it will be demand pulled to pull all other relevant information from the device.  Such as other interfaces, sysname, etc.

NOW -> I want the uplink to be managed but all other interfaces on the device I want to be unmanaged when it is discovered.  Can this be done automatically?  Or perhaps through a script written that will go in and unmaange the ports(interfaces) I do not care about on the device.

Can you unmanage a range of ports given specific information from the CLI?

Thanks for your brain work

Chris Petrina