Re: [nv-l] Has anyone implemented the full TEC integration (correlation

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Has anyone implemented the full TEC integration (correlation rules) NV 7.1.4 and TEC 3.9
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:04:40 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:41:08 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I think that the only stuff that disabling state correlation affects is if you are wanting to correlate service events from NetView with subnet events from NetView. Certainly I have some node/router/interface up/down correlation going on. I shall be doing more work on this week so I'll keep you posted?

Cheers,
Jane

Van Order, Drew (US - Hermitage) wrote:

Jane wins the prize--disabling state correlation now has events
appearing in TEC...and the up's are HARMLESS, the downs/unreachable
WARNING. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the up or reachable again events
closing the corresponding downs and unreachables. Does the state
correlation option somehow enable the change rules in netview.rls?