RE: [nv-l] simulating/regenerating traps?

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] simulating/regenerating traps?
From: "Karl Prinelle" <Karl.Prinelle@elyzium.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:41:17 -0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:08:38 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Oh so close....  ;-)

Swapped to unix some time ago now after some bad experiences with
NV/Win.  Most of the windows only places are happy to take Linux as a
minimum now too(although we're in a little period of trickyness (no more
RH 7.x updates) waiting for all the Tivoli to work properly on the new
'enterprise' linux's).  I just wish NV/Linux would catch up functionally
with AIX/Solaris - I know enhancement requests, but I've not had much
luck finding our route for them.

Traps.  I couldn't see where all the info would come out in clear text I
have to say.  The idea was to write a little perl to extract the trap
and repeat it so I could give it to people, get the info & be able to
develop against that trap (rls/tec).  My problem is I get calls to
integrate odd traps from san's/tape libraries/coke machines etc etc &
it's much easier to stay with my dev kit and do the job here than move
myself around the country to the kit (the motorways/trains are so
slooooow!).

I'll try out both I think (hex dump from James & your ruleset) - I'll
need the variable values and the oids so I'll see which gives it in
better/easier form for perl.

Thanks all