[nv-l] Application in NetView WebConsole

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Application in NetView WebConsole
From: "Zimmer, Iris, VIS" <iris.zimmer@vodafone.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:48:12 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:17:06 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi,

I have a problem with an own application in the NetView WebConsole
V7.1.3. We added a menue point "Traceping":
      <Menu name="test">
        <Separator/>
        <MenuItem name="traceping"><ActionRef
xlink:href='MyActions.xml#xpointer
(id("launchTraceping"))'/></MenuItem>

Now I have the problem, that the application only works, if we use the
IP-Address in the URL, but not the server name. But the server name is
the standard! If we use the server name, we got the following error
message:

"Forbidden
You were denied access because:
Access denied by access control list. "

The URL looks as follows:

http://netviewserver:8080/netview/LaunchServerApp?txid=10735662883774

If we change manually the URL to
http://200.200.200.200:8080/netview/LaunchServerApp?txid=10735662883774
the logon to the NetView server appears and all works fine.

What can I do to use the hostname?????
Or: How can I configure, that the IP-Address is the standard and not the
server name?

Kind regards

Iris Zimmer