Re: [nv-l] hostmibd and dpid2

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] hostmibd and dpid2
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand@kardinia.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:16:35 +1100
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 02:20:50 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
At 10:35 AM 28/01/2004 +0000, Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk> wrote:
Hi Hendrik - this is good info!
I have AIX 5.1 ML03 and though I have a /usr/sbin/hostmibd there are no man pages nor an entry in docsearch. Typing the command provides a brief usage statement - but not much! Suggests it may be based on DPI?? I don't seem to have aixmibd on my system. Could you offer more info on these?

Also, does the new snmpmibd work if you don't have the SNMP V3 version of the agent with AIX 5.2 - NetView won't support the V3 agent.

Many thanks,
Jane

Jane, I believe NetView with the SNMP Security Pack from SNMP Research will work with a v3 agent.

Joe Fernandez
Kardinia Software
jfernand@kardinia.com

http://www.kardinia.com