Re: [nv-l] SNMPv2

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] SNMPv2
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:42:40 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:48:59 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

OK, so what's on or around line 1252 of the MIB?

My guess is that they have defined one textual convention in terms of another, which is really a no-no.  It should map to a base type as the message implies.
But perhaps it does so in some other imported MIB which mib2trap doesn't know about.

But a quick look at the IMPORTS section at the beginning , along with what's on 1252 ought to tell us whether that makes sense.
Cut and paste 'em both.   Then we'll see whether we can make sense of it.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

01/30/2004 02:59 PM