Antw: [nv-l] Data Collection of SNMP v2 MIBs

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: Antw: [nv-l] Data Collection of SNMP v2 MIBs
From: "Georg Gangl" <Georg.Gangl@brz.gv.at>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:28:35 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 15:35:53 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I ran into the same problem some weeks ago. I wanted to collect data for
OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.3 (cpmCPUTotal5sec) . I added the OID
manually to snmpCol.conf but did not get any data.
Now I tried to get data for this OID by using the Tivoli NetView MIB
Browser in the NetView Web Client Tool and was successful. This Tool
allows to select the SNMP version, track down the MIB tree to the OID in
question and graph the data you are interested in.

Georg Gangl

>>> jhislop@us.ibm.com 23:52:19 Dienstag, 3. Februar 2004 >>>

I am using NetView 7.1.3 for Windows.  We have loaded several SNMP v2
MIBs
and are interested in using the data collection feature of NetView
with
these MIBs.  However, when we go into the data collection and start to
browse the tree, options to select from these MIBs are not available.

Is data collection supported with SNMP v2 MIBs?  Does it matter whether
the
MIB is loaded using the Web Console MIB Loader or
\usr\ov\bin\loadmibv2.exe?

Is there a v2 MIB browser with this version of NetView?

Thanks,
Johanna Hislop