RE: [nv-l] Upgrading from 711 to 714

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Upgrading from 711 to 714
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:39:38 -0600
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:45:01 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

This could be a problem because you will "lose" everything you added custom
after install. NetView will lay down a new one and your old one will reflect
traps that are not in the new one. Make sure you can identify the traps that
were added and also have those mib2trap files available before hand so you can
re-add them. I do not think it would be wise to just use your old trapd.conf
since the new one will undoubtedly have new stuff for NetView as well.