Re: [nv-l] The use of HTTP for node up/down instead of ping or snmp?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] The use of HTTP for node up/down instead of ping or snmp?
From: larry.pytlik@clorox.com
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:24:42 -0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:32:43 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
That is unfortunate, we are trying to replace "What's UP Gold" network monitor which does this type of monitoring and fold this function it into Netview, (UNIX). I would like to hear  from anyone who has implemented HTTP node up/down using Netview in a UNIX environment.

Regards
Larry Pytlik
Clorox
Network Engineering