[nv-l] RE: Map usage in future versions of NetView

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] RE: Map usage in future versions of NetView
From: James Markham <markhaja@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:33:10 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:45:26 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

No, we don't put requests out to the list too often. The interaction design process involves lots of on site customer interviews, digging through and analyzing the results, then working through scenarios and story boards and finally culminating in a design document. We've been on interviews at over 12 companies, and have probably interviewed over 60 TEC/NetView admins, operators and their managers. We're still in the analysis phase, but wanted to get more input on map usage.

As far as discussing planned improvements, we are many months away from having a clear understanding of what things may actually look like. When things are much further along, and of course the proper confidential disclosure agreements are in place, we plan on reviewing our designs with many of the customers that we've interviewed.

Jim Markham
Tivoli Systems
IBM Software Group
Email: markhaja@us.ibm.com
T/L 687-1405, (919)224-1405

"Duppong, Jason" <jason.duppong@thomson.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

02/27/2004 02:02 PM
Please respond to

"'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
RE: [nv-l] RE:  Map usage in future versions of NetView

James - I'm new to this list, but I was curious if you guys request this often?  Can you also tell us of some planned improvements you are working on for the next update to Netview?

Jason