[nv-l] MAP ICONS ALWAYS GREEN

To: netview Tivoli <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] MAP ICONS ALWAYS GREEN
From: Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 19:33:57 -0500 (EST)
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 00:46:46 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi Folks,
I am running NV 7.1.3 SOLARIS.

My Client would like the following scenario to be possible:

Let's say a Device interface ce0 goes down, normally the IP Internet Icon will be yellow, and you could drill down all the way to the faulty interface being red.

My client wants to have the "IP Internet" icon green all the time because he wants to know when a new incident has happened and use the change of color of the ?IP Internet icon? to detect a new incoming event that needs attention, i.e. he likes to have the "IP Internet" icon, turn yellow if and only if a new incident or event after which the Operator will drill down and locate the failed object, then drag the failed object onto a ?holding Area? or on the same Map as the ?IP Internet? icon.

Q1: Any Solutions?

Thank You,
Meyos
"ALLEZ LES LIONS INDOMPTABLES"