Re: [nv-l] Libraries to run sample C++ code

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Libraries to run sample C++ code
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:29:44 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 18:43:32 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

You are doing this on Windows, aren't you?
Did you not read the append I put out this morning?

Why are you copying and renaming the sample?  What does that accomplish? And how exactly are you compiling it?

What you are missing below appear to be the h files which declare things like OVmib_get_objid_name.
That can be found in \usr\ov\include\ov\ovsnmpmib.h.  Those things you get errors on will be assumed to externs when the compile is correct.
The output must then be linked with libmib.lib for them to be resolved.

All this would be done for you if you would simply load the name_oid.dsp project file into Visual Studio and build it there.
I have done it again using Visual Studio 5 and Visual Studio 6. It takes no more than 3 minutes.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

igastelu@unm.edu
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

03/09/2004 01:05 PM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] Libraries to run sample C++ code

I am trying to make the exe from the sample name_to_oid

I called the sample samplec.cpp, when compiling it I got this:

Compiling...
samplec.cpp
c:\dip\test11\samplec.cpp(26) : error C2065: 'OVmib_read_objid' :
undeclared identifier
c:\dip\test11\samplec.cpp(38) : error C2065: 'OVmib_get_objid_name' :
undeclared identifier
Error executing cl.exe.

samplec.obj - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I do not know what is wrong, but seems to be it can not find the
functions OVmib_%%%%%.

Any hints are appreciated