Re: [nv-l] Libraries to run sample C++ code

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Libraries to run sample C++ code
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 17:03:08 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:20:11 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Ah. Now I understand.   When you use Visual Studio and there is an existing project file (*.dsp) or a workspaces file (*.dsw), all the appropriate settings are already included, so you don't have to modify them with Project -->Settings.

All you do is bring up Visual Studio, pull down File--> Open Workspace and navigate to where the .dsw or .dsp file is and open that.  The default file type of .dsw is preferred, as you navigate you have a "File of Type" pull down that allows you to open Projects (type .dsp).  That's what the developers expected you to do.  Then the settings would already be correct.

Glad you figured it out

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

igastelu@unm.edu
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

03/09/2004 04:00 PM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
Re: [nv-l] Libraries to run sample C++ code

James, thanks.
I included the header on the file and on project->setting->libraries
placed libmib.lib.  I could create the .exe file.

Here I answer your questions

> You are doing this on Windows, aren't you?
Yes, now I am using Visual C++ 6.0.  I am using it the firts time, my C
programming experiences are with Borland C 3.1

> Did you not read the append I put out this morning?
Yes.  I do not what is the use of the *.dsp.

> Why are you copying and renaming the sample?  What does that
> accomplish?
Becasue I just want the source code and create the .exe, this is a test
I am doing for both learning visual C++ and to use the functions the NV
libraries provide.

> And how exactly are you compiling it?
Under build-> compile (I do not know what else tell you!!!).  Then make
exe.

> What you are missing below appear to be the h files which declare
> things
> like OVmib_get_objid_name.
> That can be found in \usr\ov\include\ov\ovsnmpmib.h.  Those things
> you get
> errors on will be assumed to externs when the compile is correct.
> The output must then be linked with libmib.lib for them to be
> resolved.

If I want to use the function nvSnmpBlockingGetTable I need the
libraries (from NV programmer Guide)
\usr\OV\lib\libov.lib
\usr\OV\lib\nvsnmp.lib
\usr\OV\lib\libovc.lib
\usr\OV\lib\libovcmapi.lib
the last 2 are not in my lib directory, how do I specify them???

The final goal is to retrive the Forwarding table my switches, and use
it to know where things are connected.