Re: [nv-l] increase hostname field size in Control Desk

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] increase hostname field size in Control Desk
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:02:35 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:21:22 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hardcoded.  Not possible in this release though I have seen an enhancement request on this and development has sized. it.  Whether or not it will be implemented soon, I cannot say, nor do I know.   If you need more hostname than the List View allows, then you need to use Cards.  You can double click an event in the List and a static workspace with that card will be opened.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

03/11/2004 01:31 PM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] increase hostname field size in Control Desk

Hey all,

Is there a way to increase the field size of the hostname in the Control Desk?   When I set the view to list it truncates the hostname field down to only 15 characters.  My guess is that they made the field size the equal amount of a full 111.111.111.111 IP address and di not account for the size of a name and not IP.  is it possible to increase this size or is this hardcoded?

thanks

Chris Petrina