[nv-l] Another newbie Question - SNMP vs ICMP polling (setup)

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Another newbie Question - SNMP vs ICMP polling (setup)
From: "John Sobrinho" <johnsobrinho@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:40:19 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 03:04:41 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hmmm ......

Can someone set me straight.
My objective : use Netview mapping and  NV6000 traps to work.

We are already using netview to accept traps and sending tec event out for specific traps. I know I am recieving NV6000 alerts, but is t being done by SNMP or ICMP.

If I want SNMP polling is it just a matter of adding $ in front of my entries in the seed file and setting up the snmp configuration panels ? I thought the snmp config panel also controls the ping interval time ?

What is the procedure to set up ICMP and procedure to set up SNMP polling ?

thanks

John