Re: [nv-l] Cisco-products.mib

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Cisco-products.mib
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:47:14 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:03:19 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Works for me using xnmloadmib2.  But I had to load  CISCO-SMI-V1SMI.my first to define ciscoProducts (.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1).
Note that Cisco had an much earlier version of their base MIB, which I think we still ship as "cisco", in which that OID was labeled just "products".  If you have that loaded, I would unload it and load the current CISCO-SMI-V1SMI.my.

Generally speaking, the ".my" suffix indicates an SNMP V2 MIB, so to load it in the V1 loader, xnmloadmib, you'd need a V1 copy from their website.  Those are generally labelled ".mib".    Try ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/   if you don't have copies

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

03/17/2004 01:49 PM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
[nv-l] Cisco-products.mib

Question:   when loading the Cisco-Products.mib (either version V2 or V1) when it commits (loading it via web console mib loader).    Bring up the snmp mib browser v1 and under
private > enterprise > cisco > ciscoProducts > there is only about 6 entries. When in the actual mib itself it lists about 200 different entries.

-Chris Petrina