[nv-l] NetView servmon

Subject: [nv-l] NetView servmon
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:34:19 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:43:18 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
This message is directed to Carlos Mazon, but anyone else is welcome to a copy of this DRAFT paper - I would welcome comments. Carlos - your mailer system is bouncing my direct note!
Cheers,
Jane

Hi Carlos,
I have put the draft paper that documents this on to the NetView Tivoli User Group website. Go to www.nv-l.org and follow the links down Hints & Tips -> Config Management. Any problems, please come back to me.

Unfortunately, you won't make it work with Linux as it uses the APM feature which wasn't ported to Linux. Should work on AIX and Solaris.

Cheers,
Jane

CMazon@commercebankfl.com wrote:

Hello Jane,

I apologize for emailing you directly but I was going over the NV-L archives and I found this post:

OK - I have something that uses servmon and provides interface-level
icons that change colour depending on the service that servmon is
monitoring!

As Leslie suggested, it uses the APM and it is not completely
automatic.  I will try and write it up, perhaps as a Redpiece or a
Tivoli Field Guide?  If anyone really wants the bones of it fast, let me
know.

Cheers,
Jane

I was wondering if you did get a chance to write up those precedures and if they work on Linux. I would like to try to get them to work in my environment.

Thanks.

Carlos Mazon
Network Administrator
Commercebank N.A.