Re: [nv-l] Incomplete Objects

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Incomplete Objects
From: reamd@nationwide.com
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:37:17 -0500
Cc: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com, owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:51:37 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

James,
            You are correct. I am looking at the hints for what I am
omitting in the seedfile. I just didn't put them together. My objective was
to make sure I did not have any incomplete objects. I was not familiar with
the omitted objects in the seedfile generate the hints. Thanks for your
help..

                          James Shanks

                          <jshanks@us.ibm.com>     T

                                                   To:   nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

                          Sent by:                 cc:

                          owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm

                          .com                     bcc:

                     Re: [nv-l] Incomplete Objects

                          03/19/2004 10:38 AM

                          Please respond to nv-l

Dave -

Your question indicates a condition you should not be worried about, so
give us a little elaboration and history please.

 What's an incomplete object in your estimation?  How do you know it is
incomplete?

 If you are talking about database hints, it is entirely possible that if
you exclude discovery for something using the seed file, and netmon adds it
to the db as a hint, and you run ovtopofix to remove the hint, then as soon
as netmon is restarted, he will add it again.  So let's be clear about
exactly what you see, why it concerns you, and what you are ultimately
trying to accomplish.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

 reamd@Nationwide.com
 Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                                                     nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
 03/19/2004 10:29 AM                                                    cc

                                                                   Subject
            Please respond to                        [nv-l] Incomplete
                  nv-l                               Objects

Hi All,
        Can someone tell me how to correct incomplete objects if ovtopofix
-A does not do the job? Can it be done without wipping the database and
rediscoverying?

Thanks, Dave
AIX 5.1
7.1.4