Re: [nv-l] How to populate hostname in TEC slot mapping

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] How to populate hostname in TEC slot mapping
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:59:38 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:18:23 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I'm confused Jane.
Where are you trying to specify the variable?  In trapd.conf?  In the ruleset itself?

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

04/21/2004 03:33 PM
Please respond to

cc
Subject
[nv-l] How to populate hostname in TEC slot mapping

NetView 7.1.4 for Unix.
I want  be able to populate the hostname TEC slot for any generic TRAP
that NetView is configured to forward to TEC.    Default events in
TEC_ITS.rs seem to get hostname populated automatically.  If I wsa
configuring a NetView TRAP for automatic action, I'd use $A for the
machine that sent the TRAP.  Is there an equivalent environment variable
to use for slot mapping.  I've tried $HOSTNAME and $A to no avail.

Cheers,
Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2004 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights reserved.