Re: [nv-l] How to populate hostname in TEC slot mapping

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] How to populate hostname in TEC slot mapping
From: Brett Coley <bcoley@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:45:30 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:58:32 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

This mapping is stored as part
of trapd.conf, and the man page
shows these as the valid variable
substitutions for slot values:

$V1, $V2 ... Trap variable 1, 2, and so forth

$COMMUNITY Trap community string

$ENTERPRISE Enterprise of the object generating the trap

$SOURCE_TIME Time the trap was sent

$TYPE Generic trap number (0 through 6)

$SPECIFIC Specific trap number

$VARBIND List of all trap variables.

$NV_HOSTNAME NetView hostname.

$NV_IPADDR NetView IP Address.

Unless James has some more info, I'm thinking you may
have to do something like wpostemsg with $A or whatever.
I seem to recall there were more variables than the list
above, but I'm not in a place to get more specific right now.

Regards,
Brett
bcoley@us.ibm.com
Tivoli Software/IBM